Catching Up on the Challenge
Only two more days of my Cross Stitch Crazy 2016 challenge! Here's an update on what I have been doing the last few days.
Day nine I worked on a WIP (work in progress) from last year. It is one of four snowmen designed by Carol Emmer from Just CrossStitch Magazine November/December 2013. I have a bit more cross-stitch to do but mostly back stitch and long stitch left. I also have some beading to do - as I was stitching I realized I didn't even have the beads I needed! So I ordered them from 123stitch - thank goodness for them since my lack of a LNS (local needlework shop) meant I couldn't just pop out and buy them! What is sad is that I have a TON of beads already, but didn't have the right colors!
On day ten - I continued with my Mother Maya project. It is a design by Tracy Horner of Ink Circles. I am using silk floss in Peeta colorway by Mo's Sales instead of the suggested floss color. I like this one because there are no color changes other than the natural changes in the variegated floss. Unfortunately when I was working on it "the frog" visited quite a bit - I ended up picking out more stitches than I put it! Hopefully next time I work on it I will have more luck.
On day eleven, another WIP occupied my stitching time. And it was another Ink Circles design. Kaleidoscope has a LOT of color changes - each little section has 3-4 different colors in it. It is going to take me awhile to finish this one I bet, but it is going to be so worth it when done. I love Tracy's designs and this is far and away my favorite. I am doing this one as a gift for my niece.
Day twelve - this WIP is pretty old. I think I have been working on it for at least ten years or so. AND the end is in sight - there's only one more little section to do, then I will have to check it over, but I am pretty sure it will be done - YAY! It is a gift for my nephew.
Finally, on day thirteen I worked on my very oldest WIP. This one is called Nature's Brilliant Extravaganza and the magazine it is in is from 1990 and I know that is the year I started it. If you are interested it is Cross Stitch and Country Crafts, March/ April issue of that year. When I began this project, it was really too hard for me, so it ended up becoming a UFO (unfinished object) stuck in a drawer for years and years. But in the past few years I pulled it out and now my skills match the project. I am hoping to finish it this year or next - depends on how many days I am able to put into it. I still have two hummingbirds to stitch and after that there will only be backstitch and lazy daisy stitches left to do. Oh, and long stitches for the hummingbird beaks. I am saving them for last because I am having difficulties getting them to look decent. I may have to find a thinner silk floss to use for the beaks because the DMC looks too lumpy to me.
Only two more projects left for the challenge - both WIPs. One is Antique Tin Tiles and the other is my Randje per Week project I started last year. That one is probably going to take me a few years to finish but I have all the patterns saved up and I know I will get it done eventually! I will share update photos of those two projects in a few days.