Done with Duncan - on to Redwork
Over the weekend, I finished up Duncan Dog, number 4 of 25 in the Brooke's Books Animal Advent Collection. I am not super happy with my red bow, so I make take it out and do Lazy Daisy stitches instead, but I am going to live with it for now.
I still have one SAL project for April to finish, but I decided to wait on it and go ahead and work on a project from my rotation. The Christmas Redwork piece is from the November/December 2013 issue of Just CrossStitch magazine. The original design was stitched using one DMC Color Variation, but I changed it up and used coordinating solid colors in addition to the DMC Color Variation.
I stitched Duncan on DMC Marbled Blue Aida 14-count. The redwork project is on 28-count linen from Weeks Dye Works. For each project I use 2 strands of floss for the main part and for Duncan, some of the back stitch is done with 2 strands while some is done only using one strand.
I am hoping to finish the Redwork project in a couple of days. It doesn't look like I have that much to do, but each of the little squares in that last border always takes me longer to stitch than I would have thought at first glance.